We understand that you have options when it comes to exploring Florida, however, not all locations or Eco-Tourism operations are the same. Crystal River Watersports is one of the most experienced and established tour companies in Crystal River – the Gem of Florida’s Nature Coast.
Our Motto: Observing and preserving nature above, in, and under water
We are a family owned operation, and we treat our staff and customers as one of our own.
Here is why you should choose Crystal River Watersports for your vacation:
- Smaller, more personal tours – Most boats are 6-packs. One boat does accommodate larger groups.
- Coast Guard licensed Captains who stay on board the boats.
- Exclusive Tours – Tours are 3-3.5 hours long which go along Crystal River Preserve and the Crystal River Archaeological Park. This tour, unique to Crystal River Watersports, provides more viewing opportunities for other animals and birds. Birds, dolphins, wild pigs, otters, and more are often seen on our trips.
- In-Water Guides/Photographer on all boats with 3 or more guests – Rarely found with other tour operators. All guides are First Aid/CPR certified.
- Captains and Guides are licensed and fully trained.
- Eco-Conscious Tours: Passive Observation is strongly encouraged, and we adhere to a strict interpretation of the US FWS Manatee Manners video.
- Crystal River Watersports is one of the founding members of the Manatee Eco Tourism Association.
- Day Trip Approved: Only 2 hours from Orlando or 1.5 hours from Tampa.
- Scuba certifications avail from Discover Scuba to Dive Master.
- Free parking at the shop – just a short walk from the shop to the boat.
- Easy Accommodations: CRWS is just across the parking lot from the Days Inn.
- Shopping: Two gift shops.
- We offer VIP Tours, Private Tours, Deluxe Manatee Swim Tour