Crystal River is one the premier areas for recreational scalloping. Search the sea grass beds of the shallow Gulf for the tasty morsels. It’s an underwater game of hide and seek. Use your masks, fins and snorkels to “hunt” the scallops, pick them up and place them in your bag. Remember they swim up or backwards when they sense danger (you).
- All you do is float around, looking in the grass beds for the scallop shape or their “blue eyes”. Hold your breathe, take a dive and grab them.
- Scalloping combines a day on the water with family and friends while
enjoying nature – AND bringing home dinner. What a way to spend a
- Bring a friend, bring the family or bring a group. We have multiple boats that can travel together. Our charters are semi private. We’ll provide your mask/fin/snorkel and the “Diver Down” flag. You bring your nets and coolers (for drinks or lunch and your scallops).
- We will also provide the salt water license. Limits are…Per Person: 1 pint scallop meat or 2 gallons in the shell OR Per Boat: 1/2 gallon meat or 10 gallons in the shell.
- Tours accommodate up to 6 people. Pricing starts at $450 for up to 4, then $75 for each additional person for each boat. Boat Capacity is 6.
- Multiple Boats are available for larger parties
Please note: Scallop Season is only open between July 1 through September 24.
Price for this tour
Starting at $450.