Observe the Nature around Crystal River and King’s Bay with our experienced USCG Captains/Guides.
When is it best to see manatees? Manatees come into the warm water springs of King's Bay to maintain their body temperature. Therefore the best time for viewing manatees is the early morning tour on the coldest day of the year. While there are 50-60 resident manatees here all year, during the coldest days there were over 700 in February 2016. Given the flexibility the single best recommendation is Cold Weekday Mornings.
Manatee Sighting Quick Guide
• Cold = more manatees,
• Weekday = fewer people on the water, and
• Mornings = manatees more active.
- Complimentary Snorkeling Gear: Masks, Snorkel, Wetsuit and Snorkeling Vest
- Tours last about 3 hours, providing ample time to enjoy the "Gem of Florida's Nature Coast"
- Semi Private Boat. Larger groups have the option of having their boats travel together.
- Free Gifts for Children under 8, Please ask after your tour.
- 45 minute boat ride through the Crystal River State Park and past the ancient Indian mounds, providing unique viewing opportunities of the nature coast.
- Morning Tour leaves at 7:30, please arrive at 7:00
- Afternoon Tour leaves at 11:30, please arrive at 11:00
What to Bring:
- Sense of Adventure!
- Wear your bathing suit
- Comfortable warm clothes to put on after your snorkel (they may get moist from your bathing suit)
- Snacks are available in the shop, but you are welcome to bring your own
- Camera, although we have waterproof shells for most smart phones for sale
Use our online booking system to reserve your space